Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Messaging system status led goes off

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,

Just had a system's Partner Messaging R1 card go bad.
Replaced it with a repaired/refurb R6 card.
Everything works fine, but this is the first time I just happened to notice the status light on the card shuts off when it is not in use.
Stood right by the KSU with a phone & when it shut off, did my 777 & still was able to get in & the light would go to the normal green.
Green light would stay on for awhile after I hang up, then shut off again.

Is this normal?

Been installing Partner systems for over 25 years & like I said first time I seen this & everything works fine.

It's like it just goes into a sleep mode, but still ready to answer when needed.

Thanks

Did it come with a Flash drive in place of a standard hard drive? The Green LED is both drive activity and "talking", so maybe in idle mode it goes off?

Thanks for the reply TouchTone,

I'm assuming the flash or hard drives are inside the card itself?
I never opened it up to tell, unless there's some other way of knowing?
It did come with the 4 port PC card, the the additional ports.

But that's exactly the way it seems, that it goes into an idle mode when not in use.

I guess that's what I want someone to just confirm, so I know I didn't just installed/sell a faulty card to the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back