Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

partner messaging rs232 port

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtgroup

Programmer
Aug 26, 2006
US
I was wondering how to change the ip address on my partner messaging R7? I have connected my laptop as follows: usb port to db25(com1) to 355a, from there with a cat5 patch cord into the rs232 port on the messaging. Started a hyper terminal with the settings 38400,8,none,1,none. From there nothing happens. It says i am connected at the bottom of the hyper screen, but
no other screen pops up. Am I missing something???

gl20,
I have never tried to change it from hyperterm. But it is easy to use the network port with a crossover. I hope someone will answer because I would like to know.

It looks like your problem might be the port speed. Change it to 19,200 bits per second.

You can also refer to page 14 of the Partner Messaging Release 7.0 System Administration "Getting Started" guide for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back