Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Messaging R7 backup and Restore 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phones001

Vendor
Nov 25, 2002
US
Have a client that wants to replace their Partner Messaging R7 4 port voice mail due to it going into test mode several times over the past few months. My question is if you dial in and do a system backup of the Messaging module can I just pull the license card out of that module and put it in the new one and do a restore? Are their more than one R7 versions as the original says "R7 042, L701" when checking the version? Don't have the replacement Messaging module yet.

Thank you in advance.

Tim

Usually when it goes into test mode it is a failing license card. If you pull the card out it goes to test mode. I would get a new license card before a new messaging card.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks for the response but the license card has already been replaced. Question is can I just pull the license card out of that module and put it in the new one and do a restore? I understand that the greetings and voice messages will not be carried over but the auto attendant greetings and parameters should be correct?

My concern is what if they are not the exact same R7 version or if there are any other issues to think about.

I've actually found that the license card is usually OK, it is the module that is failing when it doesn't see the card and goes into Test mode.

To answer your question, the revision of the release doesn't matter, so yes, if you are able to get a valid backup onto the card, you can restore it into another R7.

If you have an older computer and are able to run the Programming GUI, you can do a complete backup which will include mailbox messages, and restore from that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back