Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Messaging R1 Upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTomas

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2005
US
For the upgrade to R7, Does anyone know approx. how much it will cost and a good source to purchase it through?

Also, I assume the procedure for the upgrade is like the ACS upgrades? insert the PCMCIA card, power on, wait for the signal, power down... with programming preserved?? (and a one-shot deal?) Is that correct?

Are there any significant advantages to this upgrade?? (I.E. must have new features, etc?)

THANKS!

Yes the upgrade is a "one-shot" deal. It involves two pieces: a firmware upgrade via PCMCIA card - as you described - AND an upgrade of the software files on the hard drive that need to be done via a PC/LAN to ethernet port connection. You can buy the upgrade from any Avaya dealer/business Partner. The upgrade comes with the CD-ROM for PC/LAN administration and software upgrade as well as the one-use PCMCIA firmware upgrade card. I believe Drew Telcom would have the best price. You can go to the Avaya.com website and the under support link look at the documentation for the R7 version of Partner Messaging vs. the R1 version - to decide if the extra features are worth the upgrade to you.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

you would probably be better served to just buy a 6 or 7 rather than upgrading .

check out metroline direct for upgrade and/or processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back