Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Messaging Module and ACS308: Voice mail/AA issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2012
US
Hello all,
I have a Partner ACS and Messaging module. The customer got it for free from a defunct business. They have three AA and three lines. Each one is a different business. When the AA kicks in for line 1, It says "mailbox full" after the dial 0 timeout. AA for the other lines works fine and delivers messages from lines 2 and 3. However, the message waiting light is stuck in the on position. The dial 0 timeout action does go to the general delivery mailbox. I hava also noticed at times the vm takes some extra time to log into if someone is accessing it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Greatness is the echo of a life well lived and a job well done.

I thought something was odd with the card installation in the carriage. Messaging is in slot 2 and a 308 card is after it on slot 3. Haven't dealt with the Messaging module before. Chalk it up to a little ignorance. I will re-install the cards on Friday and go back through the programming. Hopefuly the issue will be resolved.

Greatness is the echo of a life well lived and a job well done.

Assuming that the system consists of a processor and a voicemail module, the processor goes into slot #3 and the voicemail into slot #1.

If this is a new install, I would factory default the voicemail and start with a clean slate.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Default the messaging module so that you get rid of all the old mailboxes and auto attendant recordings, then start over.

You have one or more extension numbers assigned to hunt group 7 that are not actual voice mail ports, that's why sometimes it takes extra rings for voicemail to answer. Check your ACS programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back