Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Messaging goes dead before connecting to mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephoneguyjoe

Programmer
Oct 16, 2005
US
I have a Partner ACS 509 processor with two 308 cards and a Partner Message with a 4-Port card. It has been working great for years, but now ...

The AA answers and the caller chooses his destination then the system says "Your call is being transferred" then its just dead air.
The mailboxes work when you leave a message from the other phones on an intercom call.
The AA answers correctly and plays the correct AA prompt.
You can access the mailboxes and check for messages left by intercom calls.
The mailboxes have no old messages.
The system has been restarted with no change.
Extension 10 did seem to go dead then come back to life before I showed up. It was a priest that called so...

I am lost and this system is at a church/office/rectory/school. Someone did bypass the UPS I had installed sometime in the past, they are getting new a new battery and it will be put back online. It is in a somewhat damp basement in the rectory but there is a dehumidifer working pretty good though we moved it to "drier". There is no signs of damage on the system itself. No corrosion or any signs of water damage.

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Joe
image1_c2cpbg.jpg

Have you verified the selector codes in the AA haven't been changed? You can change a selector code to "disconnect" so if selector code 1 was set to disconnect it would cut the caller and say goodbye. It could also be the hard drive starting to fail on the system. If you know how to default the messaging you could try defaulting it and rebuilding it to see if that clears it, but my personal guess is the hard drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

If there is a known good configuration stored either internally or on the PCMCIA card, how about trying a system restore?

The Selector Codes and voicemail reset as suggested by Telecomboy as well.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

The AA answers and the caller chooses his destination then the system says "Your call is being transferred" then its just dead air.

At this point in the call, the VM port handling the call flashes to place the outside line on hold, receives Intercom dial tone from the ACS, dials the extension number, and disconnects.

Everything else tells me that voicemail and VM coverage are working properly, but the call is not getting from the automated attendant to the extension.

Back up the system to the system to the PC card - (What is the silver card in slot 1 on the processor?)

Default the ACS, put the VM ports (35 ~ 38) into Hunt Group 7, assign at least one line to #206-7, call the automated attendant and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back