Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner mail VS R5 patch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

USRepair

Technical User
Dec 13, 2002
US
Hi,

Anyone know where I can get the patch for the R5 to bring it up to 5.0.21?

Thanks

Patches are available only to Authorized Avaya Business Partners via the company's website.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

I was afraid of that. I thought maybe being as old as they are it would be a common file freely distributed.
Thanks

Avaya still supports the Partner Mail VS R5. The upgrade process requires that the patch be loaded to an R6 processor and then applied to the voicemail.

Given the age of the PMVS, it is sometimes better to simply upgrade to the Avaya Partner Messaging or downgrade to the Partner Voice Messaging (depending on customers' requirements).

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

the upgrade is actually just a file on a PCMCIA card like the upgrade of an R6 processor. You would need the bin file a flashcard and the flashtools software to get it working. Seeing that the software is around $300 you are probably cheaper paying a BP to do it. Or don't use DND then it will work OK too.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS (they told me twice so I guess it is tru that I am ACSS)

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

I found the bin file and have it loaded on a linear flash card.
When you say loaded to an R6 and then applied to the voicemail, is there a separate step after the R6 stops flashing red - green to apply the patch to the voicemail?

the upgrade card goes into the VS not into the processor, it gets inserted instead of the backup/port card and then upgrades the R5 firmware of it to the release that can handle the DND
If you have the bin files on a flash card turn the system off pop it into the VS then turn it back on and watch it upgrade. Turn it off take it out and go back to normal.

Joe W.

It works... I was putting the upgrade in the ACS
Thank you so much
thanks all

No problem and thanks for the star

Joe W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back