Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mail VS R5 and Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savvydog

Technical User
May 25, 2007
US
OK, I got my Auto Attendant and PMVS working 90% thanks to many of you.

Now, how can I set up such that, " Please press 4 to be connected with our doctor on call"

By pressing 4, the caller will now be forwarded to phone # (510)555-1212?

Thank you.
Cheers!!!

You have Centrex lines, with "Flash, Transfer, Disconnect" enabled on them?

Log into the System Administrator's mailbox, go to the Day menu for the auto attendant, modify it, press 4 for Selector Code 4, then listen and follow the prompts to create a Centrex transfer to the outside number.

I don't think I have Centrex.
Avaya ACS R6.0 + Partner Mail VS R5.0.
One AA.
Four mail boxes (Press 1=ext 10, Press 2=11,Press 3=12, Press4=19)

Without centrex it's not gonna happen through the PMVS. You could enable an extension to remote call forward, set the number to the number you need, then have people dial 4, it transfers to x15 which is set to forward to the outside number. It does take up 2 lines (1 inbound and one for the outbound transfer) for the duration of the call.

CENTREX is a CO based line service. One of its features is the ability to transfer any call to another number and release from the call with it intact, that frees the line for a new call, etc. Now, in your example phone number above, I noticed you used area code 510. From this I assume you or your customer is in the Bay Area in California. Pacific Bell offers a line feature called "CALL TRANSFER DISCONNECT". It can be added to business lines, and gives you the ability to transfer calls just like Centrex lines do without having to subscribe to Centrex service. This line feature will work with the Partner & PMVS.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back