Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Mail 4.1 with ACS 3.0 submenu

Status
Not open for further replies.

wave33

Technical User
Feb 7, 2006
US
I have acs 3.0 with the 4.1 partner mail. I'm not sure if the voice mail has that feature,my other problem was the DND goes to x10 I saw that it's a problem with the system. What could I get to fix the problems. Thanks for any info!

Could you be a little clearer in your question?

You have a Partner ACS 3.0? (Feature 59 will reveal that)

You have a Partner Mail 4.1? Impossible, Partner Mail went to Release 3. Perhaps you have Partner Mail VS? Log into the System Administrator's mailbox, and you will hear "Partner Mail VS, release XX"

What have a question on submenus with your voice mail?

You have a situation of calls going to Ext. 10 instead of voice mail when in DND?

Help us with your questions, and I'm sure we can help you with solutions!

OK I checked and I have a partner mail vs 4. The submenu,you have 2 recordings and from that message I can't get dial out of the menu it says invaild choice. They are looking for the auto attn. to do this.
-4 xfr to ext #
-5 give depts. then xfr to ext #
-6 give names. then xfr
The problem with the DND it goes to ext 10 when it comes in from the auto attn. but icm's calls go to vmail. I saw some post that it was a problem with the system. They bought the acs with the flash card voice mail, it didn't have the storage space so I used the old one and these are my problemssss, some thing that should be easy can drive you nuts.
Thanks for taking alook.

Partner Mail VS R4 does not have submenus, but it does have Announcements.

To transfer from an announcement to an extension, you have to dial *8 (*T-ransfer) first. So make selector code 5 go to Announcement 1, and have announcement 1 say "For the Shipping Department, dial *8-11. For Accounts Receivable, dial *8-12....."

Make selector code 6 go to Announcement 2, and have it say "For Fred Flintstone, dial *8-10. For Barney Rubble, dial *8-11....."

For Selector Code No. 4, you want it to transfer to a specific extension? Use Selector Code Transfer, and specify the extension you want it to go to.

Selector Codes 1 through 3 keep as Direct Extension Transfer, so you can dial extensions from 10 through 39 directly from the auto attendant.

DND - calls transferred from the Auto Attendant to an extension in DND transfer to Ext. 10 instead of the mailbox? I think you don't really have an R3 ACS. Since it is an R4 VS Mail, your only solution is to NOT use DND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back