Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner edition connect to DNS fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werthit

Vendor
Nov 4, 2010
US
Question: why is VM-to-EM fail? reboot works only for a few hours. See my comments on a monitor report:
When delivery failed, I read a report where it says 2326236mS SMTP: Received expected response of 250
Instead, it said: “Failed to resolve fqdn”. Websearch “fqdn” This is related to DNS servers not responding. DNS 1 is 192.168.1.5 established by IT Admin… I replaced it with 8.8.8.8 – vm2em delivery to Laura and Betsy successful, but not to Gene ??? Go to Manager > System Settings > restore original settings to: DNS1 = 192.168.1.5 DNS2 = 8.8.8.8 Soft reboot. Worked Great.
Monday 19th, failed again. March 28, failed again. IPO 500 V2 Basic ver 9.0.700.983 NOTE: also cannot connect using Manager thru the LAN. I can only log in directly via the WAN port on the back of cabinet. Is my NIC card bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back