Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner Disconnect Supervision on Analog Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

telpro

Technical User
Oct 11, 2003
US
Does anyone know if the Partner Analog Station Ports provide disconnect supervision? I have a customer that wants to purchase an ACS R7 and connect a Voice Response Unit via 2 analog ports. The VR unit vendor says that the ports MUST provide disconnect supervision.

Doesn't the VR system manufacturer know how their system integrates with most popular systems out there? Isn't like Partner was just introduced.

If these guys did their homework they would be able to tell you if the Partner will work with their product. Been through this and spent countless hours at the customer's expense helping one manufacturer make their system work with the customer's Partner system. I told the customer to forward the bill to the VR system manufacturer.

For the amount they owed us the manufacturer could have easily purchased a Partner processor and some phones, figured the integration out for themselves and created documentation on it. But being cheap SOB's they figure they can sucker the customer's phone tech to do their work for them.

Guess this was the first time someone demanded that they pay for the time.

Oh yeah, to answer your question I think it does (from past experience with simple answering machines connected to a port) but the only way you will know for sure is to try it. There is no documentation on this.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back