Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturts

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2009
US
Hey Guys,

My company recently got a building with an Avaya ACS phone switch and though I haven't yet actually seen it; they sent me some pictures and apparently I'm going to be the admin for it.. I was wondering if anyone from the pictures can tell me what model it is and what software I will need to admin it. From what I can tell it's an ACS R7? I'm going to see it tomorrow but I'd like to be able to work on it if necessary.. Are there any default passwords or tricks for this system you guys could share?

Thanks,

Sean

that would be a partner acs r7 or r8. You have a 509 processor and a 308 module in a 2 slot carrier. goto support.avaya.com or avaya.com and look for partner acs. You will program most things from either extension 10 or 11.

good luck.

Press Feature 59 from any phone with a display and it will tell you what version you have.

Thanks for your help guys. It is an R7. I ended up using console 10 to program it. Is there an easy way to get the Avaya software and/or a pinout for the console; incase I need it sometime in the future?

The changes I needed to make were actual quite simple with the console. This system seems very similar to a Nortel MICS.

Thanks guys!

For anyone who stumbles upon this..

To access the admin menu:

Intercom
0#
password#

and you're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back