Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS -time problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtgroup

Programmer
Aug 26, 2006
US
On about 3/4 of the parnter systems we have installed over time the clock on the system starts running 10-15minutes fast. Does anyone know why and how to stop it.

Use non display phones or black tape on display.
The ACS have always keep poor time.Print out directions on how to change time and give it to system administrator and show them how to do it.

I believe that the Partner ACS uses AC line frequency to drive the clock.

There is speculation that the "J" patch for the R7 will allow the time to be adjusted by caller ID data sent from the LEC.

Realizing that consumer telephones adjust their displays (but in most cases not their answering machine clocks) from caller ID records, it is curious as to why it took this long for AT&T, Lucent & now Avaya to provide this feature on the Partner ACS. Seems like in that regard, a $50.00 VTech/AT&T telephone is more advanced than a $700.00 Partner business telephone system.

Avaya has said with the proliferation of cell phones, computers, pagers, radios & wall clocks in the workplace, the need for a dead accurate clock (Stratum 1, 2, or 3) on the telephone isn't a high priority.

Has anyone actually seen the R791J??????????????????

We allegedly have the 91J,s in stock but everyone they give us to test is still a 91I

The company I bought my home's R7 from has my name on a contact list so I should get a call once they get the "J" patch in (although they didn't know when they would get copies of it).

Posts over at Sundance seem to indicate that the "J" patch does exist. [neutral]

I'm talking about the processors already having "J" on them.

Another post either in this forum or over at Sundance indicated that R7s that are fully up to date would have sticker (green maybe) on them. Not sure if the 91Is have that sticker on them. [ponder]

the power does effect the clock. it times off the frequency of the power cycles, if it is like most clocks that do not have other aparatus to set the time. it can effect pc's also if they do not have a time server set. one fo my customers makes atomic clocks to set the time on pc's that connect to your pc. for just such ocasions.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back