Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS Standard Phone Off Hook always goes to Line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBINGER1

Vendor
Feb 6, 2003
US
Scratching my head
Extension 27 and verified it is 27
I have Automatic Line Selection set to go to Intercom first
Have even removed the line appearances from 27
But when I go off hook it always goes to Line 1
And if someone is on line 1, it interrupts their call
I turned privacy on for all extensions, And it still interrupts them
Sorry, but I forgot to see what release the ACS is. I know it's not 7 or 8.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like the config is boned somewhere. Personally I would back it up, default it, see if it still has a problem. If the problem goes away, you can try a restore, but if it comes back with a restore, program from scratch.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Is it possible that extension is set to "pool" and is grabbing the line because of that? It is not a bad idea to try resetting the system as stated above to see if the issue is removed. It could be a bug in there although I haven't personally encountered a ton of bugs with PACS and I've been working on them for 21 years (Partner II/Partner Plus and then into PACS).

as an unqualified and inexperienced Partner person, this reminds me of a feature called "hot line" service. if your ACS offers a comparable feature, a great insight may be achieved by reading that feature's description before changing a lot of things.

I have Automatic Line Selection set to go to Intercom first
Have even removed the line appearances from 27
But when I go off hook it always goes to Line 1
And if someone is on line 1, it interrupts their call
That's obviously not Partner operation - because even without Privacy enabled on the other extensions, it won't barge into a call in progress, it will pick the next line in its Auto Line Select settings, or go to Intercom if no more lines are available.

Without any line appearances assigned to it, how is is possibly getting Line 1, or any line? Intercom 8xx gets you a specific line, but it's not if the line is already in use. Any possible way that the voice pair of 27 is crossed with dial tone of line 1? I assume you've tested directly at the control unit, eliminating the station cabling. I guess a bad port on the expansion module. I'd default the system and try again. You obviously have more than 1 expansion module, frog them and see if the problem stays at 27 or moves with the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back