Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS R8 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway to upgrade the firmware to R8? What do I need to do it?

you can upgrade an R7 to an R8 you need to buy the upgrade from Avaya though and I actually don't know any pricing for it.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

How about we use this topic as a way to track how well the R8 behaves out in the field? This would provide a quick & easy way for members to let each other know what (if any)issues arise from the new release.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

agreed, even though there is not a whole bunch of new stuff in it to be honest.
most of the R8 improvements are already in the R7 "O" release included
If I read correctly then it is the message posting (hey I think I have an old Legend that can do that too :) ) and then you can turn off the time upgrade via caller ID, other then that I have not found any more new things yet.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

The R8 processor seems to be slowly evolving into a mini version of the Merlin Legend/Magix. Hot pad and message posting are features that were available on those 2 systems.

With the problems that hobbled the R7 processor when it first came out, I suspect that there will be some ABPs that will hold off selling the unit until a good amount of feedback has been provided.

The R7 still has the same problem, that it loses the programming, but they put in a little backdoor programming and if the processor comes up empty and finds a backup on the backup card then it restores that.
Not solved just circumvented, but on the other hand if you have to replace a processor then just put in the old backup card power it on it restores automatically the programming, less work :-D

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

The internal backup/restore feature is nice, but an updated external PCMCIA will ensure configurations will be available should the processor go "toes-up". [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back