Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS R7 not starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylamb19

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2017
US
Hey all,

So I have an ACS R7 that isn't powering up correctly. When I plug it in, the light is red for a second and then goes green. After the light goes green, however, it begins to turn off and back on very quickly every 4-5 seconds or so. No power to the connected phones, even with just one on ext 10. I took a video of this behavior and attached it. I tried using an R8 upgrade card and that went through the normal steps (flashing red and green for 30-45 seconds) and then it went to flashing green and orange/yellow. So I shut the system down and tried rebooting again but no dice. Does anyone know why this might be happening and how I can fix it? I'm not opposed to opening it up and replacing components internally myself so if there is something I can do DIY that would be great.

Thanks!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=928b35ef-b910-47a2-8104-02399ce0e6f7&file=IMG_5060.mov
It is a know issue with the R7. We call it 'Lights on Nobody Home' You have to replace it.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Darn. I found a site online that can repair it for significantly less than a new one. So I think I'm going to use them. Thanks for the help.

On a Partner system if you plug direct power into the processor with no carrier and there is still an issue then "there is an issue". Sometimes it's the 5 slot carrier and most likely the fuse but in your case I think budbyrd is correct. I would sell it for parts and then just purchase a new one.

Yeah this was started up without a carrier, just the unit itself. It came back from the repair center as un-repairable, so I bought a refurb R7 from eBay and upgraded it to an R8. I am going to list the broken one for sale as a for parts unit. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back