Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS R7.0: How to have multiple extensions ring at same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishredthecello

Technical User
Oct 13, 2015
US
Been trying to figure this out for a bit and my head is spinning...

I want extensions 14 and 15 to ring at the same time when someone calls from an outside line (ex. Caller calls in dials extension 14, it rings both 14 and 15, or they dial 15 and it rings both 14 and 15).

I've gotten them into a Group so they both ring if an outside caller calls in and dials extension 71. But we want to be able to dial the actual extensions and ring both.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thank you!

Not sure which version of Voicemail I'm using, when calling it says "Welcome to Partner Voice Messaging".

Does that help as to tell which 'version' I have? or is there an actual version number?

The Partner Voice Messaging is a fairly basic auto attendant/voicemail unit. The Avaya Partner Messaging is the top of the line version that has greater capabilities than the Partner Voice Messaging.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

you can try looping an un-used station port (with no outside lines assigned) to an un-used trunk port. assign that trunk only to 14 and 15. Dial that station and it rings those two phones.

If you had Partner Messaging, I was going to suggest that Selector Code 1 from the Auto Attenant go to a submenu, where selector code 1 transfers to Ext. 11, 2 to Ext. 12, and so on, but Selector Code 4 and 5 transfer to Ext. 71.

Since that is not possible, I've taken the voice pair from an extension and looped it to a CO port, assigned that CO port to a button on an extension with In Only restriction. This lets an extension ring on a specific button when its companion extension rings, but you can't pick up the "line" and listen in on the extension in use. If you made the restriction "No Access", the button would ring when the companion extension receives a call, but you would have to figure out which line the call is actually ringing on. Also, if the companion extension is already on a call, the 2nd call won't alert the extension with the "line" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back