Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS R7.0 Fowarding issue with time warner service

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOguy

Vendor
Oct 18, 2007
US
I have spent 3 different days working on a forwarding issue since the customer switched from AT&T to Time Warner, during lunch and after Hours customer turns on the Night Auto Attendant, when the client presses 3 to reach the doctor on call, it transfers to ext 12 which is forwarded to a cell number, the transfer work fine and the two can talk but random after the both hang up the lines will stay in a held/forward mode until you touch the button to hang up, though it was a co line disconnect time, changed from 450 milliseconds to 600 milliseconds, seemed to help but then reverted back, have changed out processors (rlease7.0) and thought it was that but after a message this morning same issue, any help would be great guys

Is TW sending a positive disconnect so that the processor sees the loss of voltage when the second leg of the call finishes up [ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

I had this happen with Comcast lines and an ACS R6.0. Randomly Comcast wouldn't disconnect the lines and they would come in the next day to see line 1 and 2 busy. Unfortunately, COmcast couldn't figure it out and they were switching systems anyway so we didn't spend a lot of time troubleshooting. I think you will need to get Time Warner involved and do some call tracing so they can see what is happening.

well, time warner has done numerous tests now, they say they cannot change anything when it comes to the disconnect or the co line disconnect milliseconds, I have personally tested over 40 calls on the forward and can never get it to do the same problem, its so random, but will occur sometimes at night, so only thing they have to say is its a telephone system issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back