Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS R6 strange issues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTU789

Programmer
Jan 22, 2008
US
Hey all, customer has an r6 308 processor with 2 308 ec cards to the left and partner messaging to the right. They have 4 lines and are using about 15 extensions. They complained about how they can only access 2 lines. Went to ext 10 and display said to replace the batteries. So I asked them if they had a power outage or power spike recently. They said they werent aware of any. So I checked the lines and it turns out they were in pool 880. So I took the lines out of pool 880 and added them to all the extensions. Seemed to be fine. But, then I realized that some of the lines do not ring on all the exts even though the lines are programmed there. Also, some of the phones displays show strange characters in place of the letters and numbers.
When I assign lines they assign to 2 different buttons. Some buttons are programmed with outside line 20 or outside line 23 etc. They had full mailboxes so I started deleting messages. But they told me they don't use vm any more so I removed the card. I also changed all the programming so calls aren't routed to vm. I think it is power related. Oh also put new batteries in the processor.
There are a few more things going on as well. But, I wanted to know if I just default the system and start over or if I should replace the processor?
I know it's alot. Appreciate any help
Brian

Default it and set the number of lines in #104. All lines will ring on all sets. If you put the VM module back in put the VM ports into HG7.

Ok, I'll definitely do that. But, I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to why this happened out of the blue. Am I right to assume it was power related? I'm gong there tomorrow morning so I'll update when I'm done.
Thanks

I'd guess it was a power problem that is causing the issues. Sounds like the memory chips on the ACS were corrupted. Try procedure #728 to warm reset the processor. If that doesn't help, do as TTT suggested and default the ACS programming. If you still have problems you'll need to replace the ACS.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

I went straight to #989 then, pressed 25327. That defaulted to factory. Then I reprogrammed from scratch. I was there about 90 minutes. But that was mainly because I wanted to make sure the system was working right. They don't have the system on a ups. I suggested it of course but they kind of blew me off. Oh well, future service call!
Thanks everyone for the advice.
Brian

The ACS, has a ground post on the processor that no one uses. It is very easy to over-look the ground, however, if you are experiencing flukey, intermittant issues - always strap a ground on the system - poof, issues go away

Before grounding the processor, search out the indepth post from former contributor HBiss concerning an issue he ran into when he grounded a Partner ACS along with what he did to resolve the issue.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back