Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS R6 and Partner mail VS R5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtele

Vendor
Dec 17, 2003
US
OK. I have a system ACS R6 with PartnerMail VS R5 in a 2 slot carrier. There is only 1 phone in the business with 3 lines.

They come in every once in a while and the system is locked up. They cant grab a line to dial out, cant get into voice mail. They have gotten very good at doing a system reset save all programming (#728) And that fixes the problem for a while.
We suggested a battery backup in case it was power fluxuations. Nope... We changed out the processor and they still have the same problem.

We installed their 1st processor into our business and it is working fine.

Already changed out the 2 slot carrier too. Dont wanna buy a voice mail unless sure that is the problem.

Anyone heard of this?

Hi Foxtele,
I don't know if heat is an issue, but there are so many reasons not to use a two slot carrier, unless space is an issue. I can never win with those things. Now, I install a five slot carrier for more than one card.
Use Remote Administration and download the diagnostic data. Have a look at the events and check for errors. I have had vm units cause these faults, during the day too. Check often to see if this occurs around the same time, something industrial maybe?
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back