Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS "end of sale" anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTelco

Technical User
Aug 21, 2004
US

Seeing the recent end of sale announcement for Transtalk accessories, I wonder if Avaya is going to drop the Partner platform in the near future. Has anyone heard any hints of this?

With the arrival of the 1-X Quick Edition, and the existence of the Small Office Edition of the IP Office, I'd not be surprised if they drop the ACS.

I think it would be a stupid, move, but they already have dropped the Merlin Magix, so anything is possibe.

DJTelco

Ever since Avaya dropped the Merlin Magix, there has been speculation that the Partner ACS was going to be replaced by the 1-X.

Avaya would be wise to keep 1 traditional telephone system in its stable to service users who will not migrate traffic over to a VOIP platform.

12 lines 20 ext's

Funny, i got an email today about the new release for One-X. Sip, park. AND connectivity of multiple sites.

Actually,it can go to 100 ext and you can stack the gateways.4,8,12 etc but the sweet spot for sales is around 4x20

AVAYA keeps stressing that the Partner is not being phased out. I think that it would be a terrible move to drop it!

The one-X is cool, but still needs a few features...Like QoS, which according to AVAYA is coming out in the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back