Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS Question about DND

Status
Not open for further replies.

grs033

Technical User
Nov 11, 2011
US
Hello again folks,

I have installed an ACS system with a 509 processor and Partner Mail VS release 5.0 with auto attendant for a new business. The client wants to be able to use DND to send calls transferred from the AA directly to the person's voicemail, with the option for the caller to press 0 during business hours for the receptionist.

Instead of going to VM directly, the call gets transferred to the extension, then immediately gets transferred to "the receptionist" (ext 10). Intercom calls, however, will go directly to VM when DND is set. In the VM mailbox, the personal operator is set up for extension 10. To rule out that being what is making the call go to ext 10, I deleted the personal operator. It didn't make a difference.

Is there some setting I'm missing which would allow calls transferred from the AA to be sent directly to the subscriber's VM when DND is activated?

I appreciate your help! Thanks!

Yes.... Automatic VMS cover is set on all the extensions... Thanks though

It's been awhile, but didn't VS R5's have an issue with DND? There is a patch available to upgrade your R5 to the latest release that will then allow the DND to function properly. What you are experiencing is the issue that happened. When DND is active it transfers the caller to the operator instead of the phone's extension.

Hmmm reading other forums it seems difficult to be able to do the patch... Does anyone have advice on how to get this to work somewhat easily?

I just logged into the system manager... the release is 5.0.16.. How would I update to 5.0.21?

You'll need a Partner Mail VS R5.0.21 upgrade card. I'm pretty sure this is the link to the file on the Avaya site:

You'll need to unzip the file and then load it onto a linear flash PCMCIA card. Upgrade cards are available if you don't have the means to do this.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

Upgrading the voicemail to an Avaya Partner Messaging might be worth considering.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Before you do the upgrade, another thing to check for is to see if a VMS Cover button (F15) has been programmed on the phones. If it has, the button will override the Automatic VMS Cover setting (#310).

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back