Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS - PVM Large Only Ext 10 open to VM, But no need for auto attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephoneguyjoe

Programmer
Oct 16, 2005
US
Partner R3 Large VM card is being answered only at night and the only VM box that is used from outside lines is the one one extension 10.

During the day calls are answered by everyone, until the night service button is pressed on 10.
After it's pressed, they want the callers to hit Ext 10 for answering and messages only. No AA.

I will program
#505 78 - 79
#208 All lines owned by Ext 10
#506 minimum rings all lines
#507 Night only
#503 Set up night button
#310 Program all users mailboxes to cover their extension for forwarded call and internal calls unanswered.
#321 For each VM Ext.
#301 I will make sure all of the extensions have access to all line.

Minimally, I just don't know how to set up 206 so that if its not answered anywhere else else after the night button is pressed, the caller can hear and leave a message in the voicemail at extension 10 only.

Help Please, Thanks, Joe

You don't need a night button since x10 will be the owner of the lines. Just a DND button on extension 10, label night if you'd like. I set #206 to 3=VMS line cover.

Thanks much Telecomboy, but a question or two arises now ...

They want employees to pick up all calls during the day and not at night. At night they want it to go right to voicemail box on 10. I wanted to use night only to keep it from picking up at all during the day. Am I limited to the max amount of rings on 10 and if that is reached it has to go into 10's VM during the day?

In this scenario, what stops it from going into the AA at all?

Thanks again, Joe

You are limited by the number of rings for x10. It won't go to the auto-attendant because you set #208 to own those lines so it will cover to x10's voicemail, not the attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back