Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS PC Large - Mailbox Not Accepting Voicemails/Hanging Up Instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokermia

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2004
US
Partner ACS R6.0 w/PC Large voicemail. The customer has their AA greeting set up that instructs the customer to "Dial 10 to leave a VM", as they only want the Receptionist to get voicemails. However, when you dial 10, you get another AA greeting that the Receptionist set up saying "please leave us a VM", but then after a few seconds of dead air the system says "Goodbye" without ever having the chance to leave a VM. if you stay at the original AA greeting it automatically transfers you to Ext. 10 after a few seconds. To recap:

-Customer dials in and gets a site-recorded AA greeting directing them to press 10 to leave a VM. If nothing is done the call is transferred to Ext. 10 after a few seconds
-Once transferred to Ext. 10 another site-recorded greeting asking the caller to leave a VM is played. However, there's never a beep to start recording and the call says "Goodbye" after a few seconds and hangs up.

I've checked #506 & #507 and those are set correctly. I've checked to make sure that Ext. 78 & 79 are part of Group 7. I did notice that the install tech set #306 as the "oover extension" for all of the extensions on the site instead of just 78 & 79 - is this normal? Also, the Receptionist told me her display has the time and date on it, but also "AOE" on it, which I've never heard of.

Any answers? What feature codes should I check? What other info do you need from me? Please let me know, thanks.

One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of three of your closest friends - if they seem ok, then it's you.

Log into mailbox 10, and check option 8, be sure it is set to "Record Mode". Otherwise, if it is set to Answer Only mode, it will play the greeting, then very politely say goodbye and hang up.

Since you only want mailbox 10 to take messages, consider using Call Coverage instead of Automated Attendant Service. Incoming calls will be answered by mailbox 10, and then the caller will have an opportunity to leave a message, just like an old-school answering machine.

Awesome, thanks. For Call Coverage, would I assign all the lines to Ext. 10 via #208, then activate Call Coverage (#320) and VMS Cover Rings (#321)? Is there anything else I'd have to activate?

One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of three of your closest friends - if they seem ok, then it's you.

Disassociate the lines with the auto attendant in #206-7-(line number)-2 (unassigned), associate with the covering extension in #208-(line number)-(extension number), set the number of rings in Call Coverage Rings #322-(extension number)-(X), give the extension Auto VMS Coverage #310-(extension number)-1, and make sure the lines are actually assigned to the covering extension, with either Immediate or Delayed ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back