Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS Off-Premises Station (OPX?) via VOIP like MultiVoice or GrandStream ATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMNISYSTEMS

Technical User
Jun 17, 2004
US
I have several customers that would like to have "tie-line" capability where then can (transparently) transfer an incoming call to an employee that works from home (in another state w- POTS phone) or to a station/extension in another office (another Partner system)?

I am most familiar with Partner ACS (R6) and have suggested out calling, but they don't want to tie up the incoming lines. So when an outside call is transferred, or inside call to the user's extension the Partner port would be connected to a VOIP device (Multi Tech Multi-VOIP?) - that device make the Internet call/connection and the ordinary phone on the device at the other end would ring and be answered remotely - if not answered the call would still go to internal VM as it normally would? If it works for Partner I think I can make it work for Panasonic system that seems to also have similar features (KX-TA624)?

At the other end if the user picks up the remote phone they get an internal extension and internal dial tone?

For the simple VOIP devices I have worked with I have set up simple ring down circuits with ordinary telephone on each end (over Internet) and that works fine, but I down want to put ringing voltage on one of the Partner extension ports - that would be bad - just want it to go off hook on the phone system end. Similarly when calling the extension I don't want to put ring voltage on the pone port of the ATA that originates the call to the off premises phone? Perhaps this needs to use a trunk port (for the incoming call) and station port (for the outgoing call)?

Or does the Multi Tech MultiVoice handle these things? Is there a particular model (lowest cost) that I should be looking at?

Or just use outcalling and put a MagicJack or cheap VOIP line on one of the trunk ports?

OutCalling with Magic Jack line is a cost effective option and should work, however, with Outcalling, a message would have to be left in the mailbox then remotely retieved. You lose the immediacy of a transferred call.

Compared to the Merlin, Definity and IP Office platforms, the Partner platform wasn't really designed to be networked. I have never used one, but the T1 module might offer some options

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back