Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS/messaging issue. I dial x11 via the Auto-Attendant and the call goes to x16

Status
Not open for further replies.

techez

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2011
US
I just replaced a ACS 509 R8 on a previously working system. Now when the auto-attendant picks up and I dial x11 the call goes to x16. Almost all of the extensions I dial go to extension 16 a couple of them go to the correct extension. I have powered off and pulled the 509 card and pulled the batteries to reset it. The clock resets but nothing else.

The voice mail is a 4 port card in a 539c11.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jeff

Are the extensions forwarded to x16?

Pulling the batteries on the R8 won't reset the processor because it loads from internal memory. The batteries only function is to prevent the change batteries message from appearing on x10 & x11.

Also, check the Selector Codes to see if pressing "1" is set to transfer callers to x16.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

You've got selector code 1 set to transfer directly to 16 instead of "Direct Extension Transfer", which says when the caller presses 1, wait for another digit and then transfer to that extension.

Thanks Tommy,

That fixed the issue. Question? So even thought you are programming that via the Partner mail the setting must be saved on the main board. Correct?

I also have another issue on the same system. They just changed providers from using Vonage to another VOIP that they of course present as analog lines. Now when we set an extension to forward calls to a cell number after the caller hangs up neither line disconnects on the system. They both appear lit up and giving the sound of a fast busy. What can I do?

Thanks,
Jeff

The programming of selector codes. I believe, is stored within in voice mail system itself, not within the ACS processor.

Insofar as the two lines getting stuck, check to make sure that the new provider is sending a Positive Disconnect....a quick loss of voltage on the telephone line when the far end hangs up. This is what tells the Partner system to release the line.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Thank you Dexman.

I will check on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back