Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS Faint Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipOfTheIceberg

Technical User
Nov 30, 2023
US
Hello,

I have a Partner ACS R5 (flashed to R6). I have noticed that when there is an incoming call, the system, the processor itself, makes a very faint almost vibrating noise. I cannot describe it, but it is inexplicable and I am wondering if this is normal or if there is an issue? Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thanks

The processor should be silent at all times. If there is an Avaya voicemail such as a Partner Mail VS or an Avaya Partner Messaging, is the noise coming from that module [ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

There is no PMVS module or anything of the sort. Just one processor (R5, flashed to R6). It doesn’t seem to be an issue, but if I can figure out if it’s anything, I will try.

More than likely the power supply is getting weak. I have see a lot of them put out a high pitched whine just before the fail. Never had one just do it when there was an incoming call, but that could be the ring generator for the analog side of things.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Good point budbyrd. Power supplies can make noise due to failing capacitors.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back