Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS - Enabling Long Distance for an Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokermia

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2004
US
Partner ACS R7. Customer has an extension #12 that they want to enable long distance on. I checked #401 for any calling restrictions but it's set to 1 (no restrictions). What other settings should I check to make sure that long distance is enabled for this extension?

Chapter 4
Dialing Restrictions and Permissions
You can restrict outside calling from an extension by using these various features:
 Allowed Phone Number Lists #407
 Allowed List Assignments #408
 Disallowed Phone Number Lists #404
 Disallowed List Assignments #405
 Line Access Restriction #302
 Outgoing Call Restriction #401

I've checked each of the restrictions above, and all are ok (no restrictions, no allowed or disallowed lists). I was incorrect about one thing - the extension can't make any external calls at all, not just long distance. It can receive external calls normally, it just can't make any external calls. Any ideas?

The phone has been locked - Feature 21 and a 4 digit code (twice) locks it, Feature 21 and the same 4 digit code unlocks it.

If you don't know the code that was used, go to Ext. 10, press Feature 22, and dial the extension number to unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back