Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS Changing Extension 10's role

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredtelco

Technical User
Jul 27, 2008
US
I am proposing to a potential client a ACS R6.0 and a 308EC. (Money is an issue, limited budget).

They have a current system (Toshiba) that starts with extension number 21. Please don't ask how or why.

They want to keep their current numbering system for their employees (telephone users) The current employees (telephones) are extensions 21 thru 31.

I told them the only way we could accomplish this is to buy/install a second 308EC to house extensions 26 through 33.

They like the idea. Though with out an extension 10 they will miss processor messages, defaults, AA, etc.

Is their a way of getting around not having an extension 10 with a telephone? Also I have seen procedure #607, AA extensions. I have never used that feature. Could I assign extension 21 to be the AA extension?

If you are not using Partner PC mail and are using Partner Messaging you can change 0-outs to whatever extension you want. If you are using Partner PC mail then 0-outs cannot be changed from x10. You would then just have to have them check x10 periodically to make sure no new messages were left.

And obviously you will need to plug into either x10 or x11 to perform programming tasks. This cannot be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back