Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS Auto Attendant not picking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skins56

ISP
Jun 20, 2000
US
I have a customer with only a 509 with Partner Messaging PC Card. The receptionist likes to keep it on night mode set to 0 rings so it will go directly to the AA. About every other call, it will take the AA ~5 rings to pickup. I popped in another good VM card to see if it was that but it does the same thing. I could only assume it was something with the processor?

You have some extension number other than 78 or 79 assigned to Hunt Group 7, which is for the VM ports only.

The group is circular, so a call rings at a VM port and is answered right away. Next call rings at the next VM port and is answered right away. Next call rings at some extension number that is NOT a VM port, doesn't get answered for 4 rings, then advances to the next extension number in the group, which happens to be the first actual VM port, and gets answered.

Check #505-7 for every extension from 10 through 57, plus 76, until you find it, and then set it to 2-Not Assigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back