Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS and MAIL- AA wont answer with proper greeting unless night mode is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilcomm

Technical User
Feb 15, 2003
US
I have a client that has a Partner ACS and MAIL unit installed. They recently wanted to have a same greeting play day and night. I recorded the greeting in AA2 and assigned the lines to answered by AA2 and the MAIL unit after 6 rings.
The problem is that an unknown AA greeting answers during the Day Mode. When I manually place the system in Night mode (which answers the lines on the first ring), The correct greeting answers the call properly. The main issue is that the client has issues with remembering to put the system in night mode.

on another note, I have tried to make the day/night mode happen automatically at certain times of the day according to the schedule in the ACS,but as yet, have not been able to make that happen. The day night switch only happens if I/we do it manually.

Is there an AA in the ACS that could be picking up during the day instead of the MAIL AA?

I have checked and double checked Line assignments, schedules and the greetings recorded in the AA1 and AA2. I cannot find the greeting that is playing during the day mode. I can locate and listen to the one that is playing when the system is in night mode.

Any help is appreciated. Frustrating.....

cilcomm

What happens when you press *7 during the day mode? I bet it is an invalid entry. The client probably has voicemail through their provider on the line and it is answered before the 6 rings you have the Partner Mail answering. If you press *7 and you get "please enter extension" then you are indeed getting the Partner Mail, but I bet that doesn't happen. I bet they have voicemail on the line through their provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back