Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS 7.0 Hunt Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazam

Technical User
Jul 6, 2006
US
Partner ACS 7.0 with large VM card

Setup a Hunt Group 2
Assigned ext. 11, 12, 13 and 14
Auto Attendent grabs call, customer presses 2
Selector code transfers to 772
Almost works great.

PROBLEM i need help with..
The hunting does not hunt 11, 12, 13 then 14
It hunts to one of those 4 random extensions..
Customer would like it to start hunting at 11 first then hunt 12 next. etc.. etc..

After searching all Forums, best i can come up with is that a hunt group does not actually hunt, but chooses the phone with the most idle time, thats the extension that rings.

Thanks for your help

It actually chooses the station after the one that last answered.

How about a calling group (all ring) instead of a hunt group?

I wish i could use the calling group, would make my life easier. But he wants the following.

10 Operator/Customer Service
11 Customer Service
12 Accounting
13 Manager

Reason he is wanting hunt is so that if 10 dont answer or is on the phone, then 11 can get it.. If it makes it to 12 its actually hunted too far, but atleast someone would be able to hear it ring, then 13 would be the last case cause 10, 11 and 12 are too slow or goofing off to pick up.

I was thinking that maybe there would be a advanced option if i remote into the processor instead of programming from the phone, there would be more options..

Thanks for your response touchtonetommy, i follow alot of your post

I had a similar situation that I solved by having it go to a extension with a ringer only located in a central place then I put everybody in a call pickup group and gave them a pickup key .

so when somebody goes to the group the ringer rings and the first person free hits the pickupgroup key and answers .

I used a electronic ringer that sounds diffren=t from the partner ring so its obvios whats happening

oops no edit

second line should read when somebody goes to the extension the distint ringer rings then the first free person can grab it

That would work great, only problem is the phones are not near one another, so each person would not hear the phone ring because of distance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back