Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS 6.0 Voicemail Access Btn goes to "Your call is being transferred to the Recept&quot

Status
Not open for further replies.

WikiTech

Vendor
Oct 10, 2013
US
The Voice mail access Btn (777) connects to "Your Call is being transferred to the Recept" Any Thoughts?

A few thoughts:

Check the extensions assigned to Hunt Group 7 to make sure nothing rogue is in there. Access each of the assigned extensions individually to see which greeting is played.

[smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

nothing rogue. I setup busy lights for the 4-extensions and they hunt thru. I can call each extension and they answer the same as the collective 777 hunt grp button which will either be, "Your call is being transferred to the receptionist" or "Welcome to Partner mail" Incoming calls from the outside are experiencing the same issue getting the "transferring" instead of the Day Menu ???

If you are seeing a VM port light up that it is answering, but answer with "Transferring to receptionist", the port did not receive Mode Codes to tell it how to handle the call, so it is going to its fall back action.

Confirming that it is Partner Mail VS?

Yes, TTT, it is a Partner Mail VS R5. It has been in service many years w/o issus.
I am going to change out the Proccessor today as changing out the VS R5, had no effect. Are the Mode Codes generated by the Processor or from other boards like links in a Merlin Legend?

Honestly don't know - I know TT Receivers are a shared resource, and there was a procedure to test them on 206 modules, so there may be something similar for TT Senders to send mode codes to the VM. Could be the processor, an expansion module, or even the backplane.

Trouble isolated to 206E Module in Slot 5. Internal issue inhibiting Mode Codes. Every other board was replaced to no avail. This was the last board removed from backplane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back