Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner 7.0 speakerphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcaptech

Technical User
Jan 7, 2004
US
hello all, I have a 7.0 in a 5 slot carrier, 308 ec in first slot, partner messaging in 2nd slot. On some stations in the processor and some in the 308 module when you push a line button, you will not hear dial tone over the speaker, but if you dial a number it will dial out properly. If you pickup the handset and then hit the speaker button, you can hear the dial tone. I have changed processor's and hooked up just the processor, AAACCCKKKKKK!!!! pLEASE HELP
RCAPTECH

have you tried swapping out sets? see if the problem stays with the station ports or does it follow the sets.

Steve
We're doing this stuff for the wealth and fame right?

CsarGoSki - care to elaborate?

rcaptech - when you press Speaker and don't hear dial tone, what happens if you press the Mic button? I've had enviroments where the microphone picked up noise and cut off the speaker.

The old style phones seemed to work better back around the ACS 3.0 days. Thats all.

I just had an install with an R8 and this is happening on (2) of the phones. In this case, they are the (2) phones furthest from the processor (but no where near the limitation). Intercom speaker works fine, just when you grab an outside line on speaker you don't get dial-tone but can dial out and the call goes through (but even when they answer on the far end, you cannot hear them unless you pickup the handset).

I've swapped phones and ports and it stays at those (2) positions so that's why I'm thinking it has something to do with distance from the processor even though they are only about 75 feet from the ACS.

If anyone has seen this and has a solution, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back