Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner 18D telephone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

streaker1974

Technical User
Mar 9, 2011
US
My customer has a Partner ACS R6.0 with 5 lines. One of the users has an 18D. Sometimes when she dials out, it dials the wrong number. The right number is displayed, but it dials a completely different number. I have replaced the phone-no help. Moved it to a different port in a different module. It worked for about a month, and then went back to misdialing. I'm at a loss. Nobody else is having this problem. As a matter of fact, when it happens, she can go to another phone, and it dials just fine. I thought it was a line issue, but it does it on any line she picks. If I unplug the phone, and plug it back in, it works for an hour or two, then goes back to misdialing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dialing on the speaker or the handset? If on the speaker, is it on a desk with a lot of stuff beside it, or perhaps under a shelf?
If on speaker, try pressing MIC to mute the microphone when dialing. Seen many times that echos of the touch tones from the speaker are picked up by the microphone, and although the display shows what you dialed, the central office heard double digits at some point.

I agree with TouchToneTommy

I've seen this happen before. Usually what happens is that the speaker is jacked up to MAX and they try calling out and the CO hears double digits. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they picked up the handset & hit redial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back