Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

partition problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaat

MIS
May 14, 2002
NL
if I start partition magic to format my second harddrive i get the error code:

(Solution: Error 128

To solve the problem, first determine if the overlay is even a necessity. Generally, if your system BIOS supports LBA translation mode, drive overlay software is not necessary. In this case, you can uninstall the overlay software using the installation setup disk provided by the overlay manufacturer. You should contact the overlay manufacturer if you do not know how to do this. The support sites for the most common manufacturers are listed below. )

I also can't delete the partition using the bootdisk from PM. I can only format the drive and i keeps saying pending when i am doing that.

When I use fdisk to delete all partitions I see an extended partition. When I want to remove that partitions I get the error I have to delete the logical stations. But when I want to do that it is saying that there aren't any ?

Anyone ?

Personally I would download and use the manufacturers own hard drive utility tools, available free from all the top 5.
They have some very useful tools specific to your drive that can check out smart status, low level, partition, format etc etc Martin Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

If you have installed Windows XP then use the disk manager to create partitions. Look in help under "partition" to get more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back