Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

partition group routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonechik

Vendor
Oct 10, 2007
CA
I have a switch with mulitple partitions. In vectoring my call is routed from one NR to another and when the vector step tries to send the call to a third party I get a denial event 1343"need higher FRL".

VDN COR at all locations are higher that the route chosen.

Need help!!

list trace station xxxxx" or "list trace tac xxxx" and see what route/trunk the call is using.

More often than not you'll find that it's not using the route you think it is.

Almost always because either the partition route table is telling the system to use a different route or because there is a more specific route in the master route table for that call.

If you are using AAR for a location the system will use the master table if there is a more accurate match for that called number.

The NR where the call originates, the VDN has a FRL of 0, the VDN that is trying to send the call out has a FRL of 2. We tried changing the FRL of the VDNs - no change.

All route patterns look okay.

Anything else to suggest??

Well as far as I can tell you haven't done what I suggested.

I don't have anything more at this point.

I did check the route tables and from location 7 (the originating NR) the route would be P2, if the call is being routed from the destination NR the route would be p32. Both of these route patterns should pass the call. On our trace of the TAC it is using p32 which has a FRL that should pass the call.

One other thing: calls from yet another NR flow into the same VDN and use the same vector to send the call out... and it works!! So coming from one NR 6 the call flow is good, from NR 7 it is not.

FYI

Thanks for your help. There was no more accurate match in the master ars, although that is where the switch is getting the (wrong)route from. We fixed it with a new service pack 14682 and some creative programming.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back