Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Particular page stops working in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrhandle

Programmer
Dec 26, 2001
US
I have a web site I go to multiple times every day. Today the page will not load. I get the 500 error. Other browsers on my pc dispaly the page. I am stumpt. Any suggestion?

System is Windows XP
Anti-virus software is AVG

Thanks

Have you cleared your Temporary Internet Files?

Clear all history, cookies, etc.. , also empty all temp folders on the computer. Then try reloading the page. I doubt it is on your end. What is the page you are trying to load and Ill see if it works on my end. ALso try the previous suggestions and let us know if it works.

Yes, it is on our end because everyone else in the office can get to the site. Yes, I did erase all the files and cookies, TWICE! On your suggestions, I deleted them again, but still no luck. Five minutes late, the pc's user let me know that everything was no working. ????? All I did was to delete the temporary stuff for a third time, and after five minutes things started to work.

Well, thanks for the suggestions. If anyone has thoughts on why it took three tries and five minutes, I would like to hear them.

Thank again,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back