Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partial underwaterscene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xa0z

Programmer
Jun 7, 2002
NL
Once I read a tutorial how I could have the camera in Bryce show both underwater and above the water. Normally it's one of them, doesn't matter how precise you move the camera. There was a small trick wich would enable you to do this but after an extensive search, still found zero. Does anyone has this tutorial or does know how to do it?

Tnx in advance!

I dont know whether this is any help, it'll only work on images not animations, but when i came up against this wee problem i rendered one scene with the water lower than the camera, then rendered another after raising the water level above the camera, and pasted them together in photoshop.
For the scene i was working on i wanted the 'gloopy' look that comes with that half in-half out camera angle so gave the join a curve to look as if the water was curving being caught in the lens rim.
dunno if this helps, but i got away with it ;)

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back