Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partial Page Loading, site stops loading after javascript?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zugdud

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2003
US
Howdy, I setup a webpage which uses some java script. The page works fine with many computers except For whatever reason on a few computers, it only loads part of the page and stops. It seems to stop at the point which Javascript appears in the HTML. Is there a setting/update I can advise users to check to load the page correctly? thanx

which browsers does it fall over on? And what does the javascript do?

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

The Javascript is a dynamic menu system, seems to work fine on IE 6 and the few older flavors ive tried it on. Also seems fine on netscape 4.7, 6, 7...

The guys computer i ran it on was using IE 6, mabey he had some funny security? I made his settings default in IE tools but still no luck

if he has javascript disabled, it may cause the page to fail.
It also maybe dependant on the platform he's running ie on.
Have you tried using external >jss and seeing what happens wiht that?

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back