Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Part-time experience for a lover of Cisco CLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unc92sax

Technical User
Nov 16, 2004
US
I am in a career change and have Net+, will get A+ in Dec, and CCNA in May after which I will look for a full-time job. In the meantime, I badly need experience, but due to a working wife, three kids and Cisco Acad. classes, I can only work part-time this spring. I have decided to go for an internship (paid or not). I love configuring routers and switches and am excelling at it. It comes very easily to me.

My question is, what sorts of companies should I look at in the Charlotte area where I may get some experience in a routing/switching environment? Obviously, this is a banking town, but what other types of organizations should I consider.

Thanks for any advice. I can't wait to get started!!!

I would consider a small but professional network integration, consulting company. That way you have the opportunity to be put into several different situations and may get to see a variety of the technologies you are learning in a working environment.

Good luck!

Matthew Moran
Read my career blog at: Career Blog: Todo esta bien.. Todo esta divertido (it's all good, it's all fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back