Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Part I; Imap connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildnight

Programmer
Jul 10, 2005
US
The last thread is kind of long and complicated so I'm breaking the issue out to try to simplify things. When my IMAP client connects, here's what appears in the maillog:

Code:
Jul 11 09:16:33 mail imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:192.168.1.218]
Jul 11 09:16:36 mail imapd: LOGIN, user=jchilders@smartbusinessware.com, ip=[::ffff:192.168.1.218], protocol=IMAP
Jul 11 09:16:36 mail imapd: /usr/local/etc/shared/index: No such file or directory

It looks like a config problem. The folder 'etc/shared' could be 'share' on my box; that is, I *have* a /usr/local/share which seems to have imap stuff in it. But no 'index' file or folder. Here's what /usr/local/share has in it:

Code:
imapd.pem  info  maildrop  man  mkimapdcert  mkpop3dcert  qmailadmin
[root@data share]#

What gives?

Thanks,

Jeff

I had an issue one time where qmail-scanner was giving an error message identical to that, where it could not locate the qmail-scanner signature file. My problem though was permissions. Your problem sounds like configuration, which IMAP server are you running?

which IMAP server are you running?

Erm, I think it's courier-imap. That's what I installed as part of the qmailrocks.org install guide. Does that help?

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back