Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parsing yahoo.com html source

Status
Not open for further replies.

clax99

Programmer
Oct 29, 2001
US
Hi, I am having a really annoying problem. I am attempting to parse the yahoo.com html page through WebRequest and WebResponse classes. I am specifically trying to get the sponsored links that are returned upon a yahoo search. My code works fine and I can parse all the html except the sponsored links. That is, the html that my code retrieves matches the "View Source" code that Firefox displays except in my code the sponsored sources links are just not there. I have tried retrieving the html using different encodings, to no avail. I tried setting up the header properties in the WebRequest object to match those sent by Firefox, still no good. Does anyone have any ideas? I would normally post the source code as well but I know it works; just not for the sponsored links for some reason. Please help, lol Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back