Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parser stack gets full. Querying informix db using odbc connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magarwal1908

Programmer
Mar 14, 2012
NL
I made an ODBS connection to an informix database. While doing the load test for the db, it gives an error "not enough space for parser stacks" after ~12K insert queries. The control flow is: 1. SQLConnect 2. SQLAllocStmt 3. SQLSetStmtAttr 4. SQLBindParameter 5. SQLPrepare 6. SQLExecute 7. SQLFreeStmt 8. Repeat step 2 to 8

Therefore, a new statement handle is allocated for each query while all the queries are performed over the same connection. The exact error statement is:

37000:[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error.Not enough space for parser stacks

Is it a known error? I am not able to locate any memory leak also. Increasing size of stack may end up causing the same problem after a larger number of 'insert' queries. Any suggestion?

Parser stack gets full even when I comment the statement SQLExecute and repeat rest of the steps as described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back