Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parser error

Status
Not open for further replies.

copeZero

Programmer
Aug 31, 2007
CA
Hi after much reading on the error, i have had no luck trying many things. I'm using VS2005 to create the project, it now on a test server, and when i view the home page i'm getting:
Code:
Parser Error 
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'WebApplication1.member_area.MemberLogin'.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="MemberLogin.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApplication1.member_area.MemberLogin" %>
Line 2:  
Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">[/URL]

Source File: /member-area/Login.aspx    Line: 1 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

Now i do have another file on the site and its works fine, this is what it has:
Code:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Login.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApplication1.member_area.Login" %>

any suggestions, iis is set correctly and both login.aspx and memberLogin.aspx are built in the same .net version.

what are the differences in hardware configurations between the local, dev and prod boxes?
A friend of mine ran into a similar problem with thier product. the app worked fine on local, dev and staging. when they moved to production it crashed. the production box was 64 bit, all other boxes were 32 bit. I don't know if/how they resolved this.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back