Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parse HTML tags (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

photores

Programmer
Sep 12, 2000
RU
Hi!<br>Iwrite CGI for my images portfolio. This is my first &quot;serious&quot; script, and I need anyone, who can help me.:)<br>I modified parse_template subroutine(by Matt Wright, CGI/Perl coocbook) for returning parsed txt file in program, and using it as easy customizable page<br>parts. Code for call this subroutine is:<br><FONT FACE=monospace>$file = &quot;$txt_files/file.txt&quot;;<br>if (!&parse_file($file)) {<br>$read_file = &quot;Can not read file.txt&quot;;<br>}<br># set 'SUBHEADER' for send page to browser:<br>$VAR{'SUBHEADER'} = &quot;$read_file&quot;;</font><br>This work wonderful, if file.txt is only text file, but do'nt work, if file.txt include HTML tags (a.s. code for HTML form).:-(<br>I seems, returned $read_file = &quot;&quot;, place on HTML page, where must be located parse results is empty.<br>Please, help me. That I do wrong? The full code you can see only clicking on link. <A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back