Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Park/Unpark

Status
Not open for further replies.

silicondarktide

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2013
US
Hey all!

I am trying to setup some phones for easy use for a client. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to setup a park button that acts as a "combo" park unpark button. Example: Softkey that says 501. When you are on a call and push 501 softkey it .. parks it to 501.

For example: The avaya 500 system I just setup, I put a park 501 button as a softkey. When the user gets a call he can park it to the 501 softkey and it lights up on everyone elses phone. The user needing the call can unpark it by simply clicking on the softkey. No "unpark" button is needed. Also when you push it, it really unparks it and moves it to the users call apperance.

I have tried BCA, and moitor extension but those don't really unpark the call, they keep it on the extension thus if alot of calls come in and the users are still talking on 501,502 the receptionist can't park any more calls!

Does shoretel support a combo park unpark button like this?

The answer is No!... I do not think there is any way to setup a Combo key. My suggestion would be to have the user use the PCM. Create a new Toolbar with several Park extensions and with the same UnPark extensions on the toolbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.