Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Park across sites? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSChris

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2004
US
Does anyone know of anyway to Park a call on one IP Office, and pick ip up on another IP Office, connected via SCN?

Thank You.

you should be able to configure a short code to dial the ride call digits accors the SCN.

assuming the parked call is parked on site a then the following on site b should work

SC *99*N#
Number *38*N#
feature Dial
Line ID <ID of the VoIP Line>

Thanks - does the code need to be *99*N# The reason I ask is that we already have a short code which begins *99, so I set this one up using *97*N#, and all it does is ring the extension I dial, rather than pickup the parked call.

Anything that I might need to do on the "a" side?

Thanks.

the short code at ste Be can be anything
I have assumed the default shortcodes at Site A

sc *38*N#
Number N
Feature RideCall

If this code is not present then you will need to add it

I do have that short code at SiteA, put it is setup to go to the "local" line id, and not across the IP line.

Do I need to create another one that will "look" across the IP line to SiteB?

Thank You.

yes
*38*N# will ride calls localy
if you add the shortcode I detailed it will efectivly send *38*N# down the Voip Line & then get proccessed on the remote switch

Can the same prinicple be applied to allow us to transfer an incoming call directly into the voicemail at a remote IP office? This would be great!

I can see no reson why it should not work for any features (although some would be more usefull than others.)

Parking doesnt work across the network. The only way I could come close to making this work is transfer the caller from system A to a meet-me conference where the inhouse ext from system B could meet them. Ive also asked catalyst tech-support this and they never tried it and seemed very unsure. They said it could be done wasnt sure how..lol

I have made this work using a short code to dial a short code on the remote system, the only draw back is that you have to wait for the dial delay count twice.

Site A
ie. sc=*101
Number=*101Feature=Dial
Line=VOIP Trunk Line ID

Site B
sc=*101
Number=101
Feature=RideCall
Line=0

Thanks MileHigh, that was exactly what I was trying to put across

milehighip - Thank you, now a couple of questions:

1) Is there no need for a N# in any of those short codes, or are they as seen above?
2) In the short code for site B, is the Number 101, or *101?
3) Does the person doing the parking at site A do anything different?
4) What exactly does someone at Site B dial to pick up the parked call?

Thank You Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back