Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parent Window Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempoman

Programmer
May 9, 2000
AU
I need help with updating data on the parent page. Currently the user clicks on a area in a box (screen a) and would like to edit it. When it is clicked contents window pops up (screen b). The user can now edit the contents of the box and click insert record. This works fine however I need to refresh screen A in order to see it.

Is there a way to automatically show the edited contents automatically.

Thanx

Richard

What i can suggest you is .... after the process of saving the edited data, you can call the javascript or provide a button to close the pop up window ... over here you can include the close window javascript as well as the refresh at the parent window (screen a)

<script language=&quot;JavaScript1.2&quot;>
function closeWin()
{
window.opener.document.location.reload();
window.close();
}
</script>

<input type=&quot;button&quot; name=&quot;Close&quot; value=&quot;Close Window&quot; onclick=&quot;javascript:closeWin();&quot;>

With this code above, it actually refresh the parent page and close the child window.

Good Luck.

-sshhz-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back