Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parent-child dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruimsp

Programmer
May 31, 2007
PT
Hi, i'm using Analysis Services/SQL server both with SP4, and i have a view with data.

The cube is working fine, but now i have to build a new dimension(parent-child). All my other dimensions are star schema based on the view.
In the column of the data i have data like "abc;def;ghi;" or "abc;ghi;" and i want to filter data based on this values:
abc
def
ghi
this values are in a table.

When i choose in the dimension "abc;" i want to filter not with an equal but with a like( like in SQL)

is it possible?

many thanks

ruimsp

You might get a reply here, but forum960 is dedicated to SSAS.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

I have a similar problem with an extract from an OODB that I am using. Are you making this a hirarchy or just want to be able to slice?

I am currently thinking that this will require a hirarchy table of some sort but as I said, I'm not too far along on the path.

If you figured this out, please let me know!

Peace.

Patrick Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back